Hey Folks, hope you are having a wonderful day!
Today’s post is reviewing how our little blog has been doing in 2016, expect a full disclosure!
2016 Blog Statistics
As you can see below, we almost it hit 15.000 unique visitors last year, who did just over 57.000 visits and generated over 133.500 page views. That is amazing! What’s even more amazing is that you guys stayed for an average of about 275 seconds (!) per visit, guess the posts must be interesting enough to stick around. That is a very big compliment to us and we sincerely appreciate that, so thank you all very much for the support! At least now we have the feeling that we are not doing this just for ourselves, but hopefully are helping a few others on the way. That really makes all the effort worthwhile 🙂
Some other random statistics:
- Total number of posts to date: 88
- Total number of comments to date: 1067 (just under half are ours)
What did you like best in 2016? This was a bit of a surprise…..
- A post on (an ultimately failed!) running challenge with ATL – 2503 views (completely non-financial post…)
- Our year-end dividend update for 2015 – 2283 views (yes, let’s talk money!)
- Where we travelled – 1071 views (another completely non-financial post, is this a hint?)
Pages that were most appreciated are (no real surprises here):
- Our Blogroll – 3370 views
- Our Cheesy Index – 1875 views
- The About Us – 1606 views
From our end, the posts that we liked most (primarily because of the underlying research/calculations and associated new insights):
- How much money to do you need to FIRE in this cheesy country – 691
- What is the optimum amount of money to have in a mortgage? – 367
- Am I mad? – 285
We do have some advertisement up on our blog (we know, they are annoying…sorry) to try to cover expenses (with a promise to remove them when we do). This is not yet a success, but you have already been helping quite a lot. The total income for 2016 is €54.24. But considering that costs are €86 per year, we are still a bit short. Hopefully 2017 will change that.
Thank you all again for lots of fun, comments, new ideas and feedback! We hope to see you many times again this year.