As noted earlier by both us and Amber Tree Leaves, we have another meetup scheduled for June 17. We have a maximum of 35 spots available and we are now already at about
20+ 25 confirmed people. But we have room for more! Do you fancy a date with complete internet strangers and talk money? This is your chance 🙂
The Tentative Program
The tentative program is as follows, but we are happy to make adjustments if you have a brilliant idea:
- 10:00-11:00 informal get-together in Utrecht, do some chatting and have a coffee of thee with a biscuit/cookie of your choice;
- 11:00-12:00 Financial Speed Dating (one-on-one or two-on-two sessions of about 5 min each to get to know each other)
- 12:00-14:00 Brown Bag Lunch (i.e. bring your own) and more informal chats
- 14:00-17:00 Have a couple of fun presentations and discussions;
- 17:00-18:00 Spare time in case we are having too much fun with the above
- 18:00-19:00 Do dinner together (bring your own / potluck, take-out or local restaurant)
- 19:00-21:00 More chatting and some beers and close out of the evening.
- 21:00-??:00 Party in Utrecht for the real die hards?l
Discussions and Presentations
Based on the previous meeting in Antwerp and feedback from many of you, the following topics could be presented during the meetup:
- Life in the rear view mirror (a financial life in review)
- The mystery portfolio (submit your portfolio, with as much or as little detail as you want for an blind review by the group. To get some various views on the matter)
- Real Estate – what to consider and a case study
- Crowdfunding – good idea or not?
- How to be self-sufficient
- When do you have enough and how do you get out?
Let us know what you are interested in, and we will try to make an interesting afternoon program for you! Do you want to present, please let us know too! Still need one or two people/volunteers.
And finally some other details that could be useful for you to know:
- The venue in Utrecht is very close to a train station, but also has free local parking!
- We will bring coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer and a few light snacks (but please do bring some yourself if you can)
- You bring your own lunch/dinner. For dinner we would recommend cold dishes like salads and pasta, or things that can be prepared without a kitchen. Otherwise you can order/get some food from local venues (pizzeria/snack bar/local super market).
- Costs will likely range around €10-15 pp, including beverages/light snacks. But is subject to the final number of people attending (more is better here!)
- We need someone who can bring a projector for the presentations (Chris, are you still on?)
- You don’t have to be a blogger! Partners are welcome too.
- As noted, we can have a maximum of 35 people.
With exactly one more month to go, we are slated to have some serious financial fun. We hope to see you all in Utrecht!
P.s. for those that are on the email distribution list but have not confirmed, please let me know if you want to join (and with how many).