As noted last week, I (Mr CF) started an exercise challenge to get back into shape. The results are pretty good so far. Let’s have a quick recap of the last week.
Cheesy Finance Exercise Challenge – Update
Up to Wednesday May 17 (wrote this post on Thursday morning), I was able to exercise every day! Still a win so far 🙂
An overview of the workouts is provided below:
The above summarizes to:
- 17 days of exersize;
- 23 individual activities;
- Total running distance 25.44km;
- Total cycling distance 338.63km; and,
- Calories burned 10.273 (that is one whole kg of body fat burned).
Observations and notes
- Really love my GPS watch. Great way to track progress, maintain pace and get data to play with 🙂
- My legs are not nearly as tired as the first 10 days
- My calorie burn during cycling is dropping like a brick (from 700-750 calories to 550-650 calories per trip). This is a combination of faster cycling with a lower average heart rate. Quite a bit of improvement in endurance already!
- I feel and sleep better
- Still eating like a horse, but the feeling of hunger is less
- My knee is not liking all the exercise and I have to be a bit careful in the coming days. Perhaps I do need a break? Of a yoga type exercise perhaps?
- I was/am suffering from RSI (repetitive strain injury) symptoms. Probably partially caused by my new job, which involves lots of database work to prepare cost estimates (and blogging does not help either). However, since starting the workouts the symptoms have significantly reduced!
- The far burn is starting to show off, the six pack is slowly peeking around the corner. I have a pretty slim built, but still have some fluff around the waist obscuring muscles. However, it’s trending in the right direction.
- I’m getting a nice tan too from all the cycling
- I feel good and want to keep going!
How about you, did you workout this week? How did it go?