Amber Tree Leaves is still alive people! Spoke to him on Tuesday evening to discuss the upcoming BENL FIRE Meetup (Edition 5!). We are happy to announce more details of the next BENL FIRE Meetup – Leuven Edition. You in?
BENL FIRE Meetup – Leuven Edition
I hope that you are ready for another round of random internet dating with other FIRE enthusiasts. If you are, please mark your calendars for the weekend of February 24 and 25, 2018. We will be meeting up in the beautiful city of Leuven in Belgium.
This time around we are planning to make it into a weekend long event. As many of the Dutch (and other international visitors) will need to travel, the plan is to commence Saturday afternoon after lunch. We will conclude on Sunday afternoon, so there is sufficient time to travel home.
As per usual:
- You are free to come and go as you please;
- We will request the usual small fee to cover things like food, drinks and rental of the facilities/equipment. This usually boils down to around €10-15 per day (excluding breakfast/lunch/dinner!);
- You are responsible for your own accommodation if you want to join for the full 2 days; and,
- We strive to have the location(s) easily accessible by both car and public transport.
More details will be provided to all that register. Please take note, we are targeting a maximum of 40 people for this meetup on both Saturday 24 February and Sunday February 25.
What are we planning?
Not all details are clear just yet, but the general program for this weekend looks something like this.
Saturday February 24, 2018:
- 13:00 – 14:00: Warm welcome and informal chats;
- 14:00 – 18:00: Presentations and discussions (we are considering an afternoon about Dividend Growth Investing. For the discussions we are looking for your opinions, strategies, tips and tricks!)
- 18:00 – 20:00: Dinner (local restaurant); and,
- 20:00 – ??:??: Belgian BEER and other drinks + more informal chats.
Sunday February 25, 2018:
- 10:00 – 12:00 Leuven City walking tour with Amber Tree Leaves as our tour guide;
- 12:00 – 13:00 Brown bag lunch; and,
- 13:00 – 16:00 Presentations and discussions about Permaculture and ethical investing.
Why should you come?
Because it is entertaining, interesting and simply put: great fun! It’s liberating to interact with people that think and act like you do. Yes, there are other people that don’t think it is weird to bring your own snacks/drinks! Go figure 🙂
If you want more motivations and some insights in previous meetups, have a look here (some posts are in Dutch):
Do you want to join?
Please drop us or Amber Tree Leaves a comment/email (info @ “ourblogname”.nl) and we will add you to the (ever growing) distribution list!
Looking forward to a whole weekend of financial and FIRE fun!