Below is a breakdown of the July 2018 Savings Rate. It’s our first month with the new “normal”, e.g. being on one income. How did we do?
Where did we spent our money on in July? Well, here is our overview of the various ins and outs of the budget:
- One income by Mrs CF, but high business expenses that drive down this income. Expense claim should probably come in September. So a very low income for the month.
- Crowdfunding income was €367, due to early payback of two loans. This income will quickly decline to below €150 month in the coming year.
- Living expenses were low due to the year end return by the utility provider (€196!). Lowered the new monthly bill to the minimum allowable. Total expenses €580 (mortgage interest, health insurance, utility bills, phone bills, home insurance).
- Groceries were high, as we had to restocked upon coming back from our 9 week road trip. Total of €476, that’s €100 above the YTD average!
- Transportation was low at €276, did not drive much and no special expenses.
- Kid: normal expense for the after school care at €322, no other items this month.
- Leisure was low at just €13. Couple of trips to the swimming pool. Other outings were free.
- Other items: €418. This includes a couple of workout related expenses (including a pool access pass for the coming year) and a new (used) office chair. Also includes some gifts and other minor items.
July 2018 Savings Rate
As noted. July was the first month with the new “normal”, albeit income was low due to business expenses. Still, we managed to have a savings rate of 23.4%. Peanuts compared to the previous months, but very much acceptable on one income! Still a YTD savings rate of 52.8% though 🙂
Here are the stats for the month of July:
If you breakdown our expenses for the month, the distribution looks like this:
Forecast Coming Months
There is not much new to report compared to what I mentioned last month. I’m happily unemployed and for now only Mrs. CF brings in the cash. The coming months will have higher expenses because of renovations around the house. Busy with improving insulation at various places to lower the heating bill this coming winters. Painting is almost complete.
How was your month in terms of savings? Enjoying the summer season?