Me and about 55 others had a rather fun and successful (if I may say so myself) Haarlem on FIRE event. Last week I went to the FIRENL group on Slack to find out what YOU would like to see for the next FIRE meetup. And where that meetup needed to be. Today the results, albeit the location is pretty obvious… Are you coming to the Utrecht on FIRE?
Utrecht on FIRE
Well, simply put because Haarlem was yet another big success and many of you crave for more (so do I!). In Haarlem we had a fun morning tea/coffee followed by a few video related discussions. In the afternoon we had two good presentations, one by Jan and one by Sander. Jan walked us through some of the key things to increase the energy efficiency of your (new build) home. Sander talked about his use of options to leverage his investments and FIRE. His two earlier guest posts about the topic can be found here and here. Unfortunately I cannot share the presentations online this time around.
As noted earlier, our network of fun people to hang out with has grown big time since we started hosting these FIRE events back in 2016. We keep meeting interesting people and it’s always fun and interesting. We also don’t bite because there is always enough food 😉
Who should come?
These meetups are for everyone interested in FIRE and personal finance! No experience required. We always aim to make it accessible for all. There are no dumb questions to ask, and there are tons of people that are always willing to help. The most common feedback, from first time visitors in Haarlem, was that they would like to come again. There is no better feedback than that!
When and where?
The meetup is scheduled for 13 April 2019 in Utrecht (I know, go figure!).
The program for the day is as follows:
- 09:30 – 10:30: Warm welcome, coffee/tea & informal chats
- 10:30 – 12:00: Discussion panel with people whom already FIRE-d (still need people for this, let me know if you are interested!!)
- 12:00 – 13:00: Lunch (provided: sandwiches)
- 13:00 – 14:00: Money Archetypes® geld mindset workshop by Meike from RijkerLeven – Part 1
- 14:00 – 14:30: Coffee Break
- 14:30 – 15:30: Money Archetypes® geld mindset workshop – Part 2
- 15:30 – 16:00: Coffee Break
- 16:00 – 17:00: How to become FIRE and where to start investing (by yours truly)
- 17:00 – 21:00 More chats, drinks & dinner (not included in the fee!!) for those who want to stick around and are hungry
You can come & go when you please! You don’t need to be there the whole day if you don’t want to.
You can buy your tickets via this link. Drinks and sandwich lunch are included in the fees. The fees are €17 per person (to cover cost of the venue, food/drinks and Eventbrite booking fees). We can host a maximum of 50 people! So be quick. The whole day will be in Dutch this time!!
More Interesting Meetups for 2019!
Here is a list of meetups, workshops and other events that you might like:
- Cannot make it? Of you don’t want to wait for the Money Archetypes® geld mindset workshop? Click on the link and go see Meike coming Saturday February 9 in Tilburg!
- Want to invest in Real Estate? There is another Real Estate presentation on March 9th, also in Utrecht. For tickets see here.
- The CAMP FIRE Netherlands (hosted in a castle!) is sold out! If spots become available, we will let you know.
If you have an money & investment related event we should know about, add a comment! I’ll add it into this post.