What to expect?
Welcome to CheesyFinance.nl! If you are wondering about the name, please see our “About Us” section for some details.
So what’s the plan? What to expect? Well, we are going to try to document our journey (past, present and future) to become financially independent (i.e. how we financially retire or FIRE). As many of you probably have been snooping around personal finance blogs and the likes, our goal is much in line with other blogs out there but tailored specifically to the Netherlands.
In short, we will try to obtain sufficient passive income to cover our basic (and some extra) living expenses. We will do this through real estate, stocks/bonds/ETF’s, crowdfunding and personal loans (yes, we like to diversify).
So what can you expect from us?
- Monthly and yearly overviews of income, expenses, savings rates and net-worth;
- Our investment portfolio and associated updates;
- Reviews of our everyday life expenses and ideas how to manage them efficiently;
- Reviews on Dutch taxes, as these are a critical component of financial independence (in the Netherlands we are not so lucky as in the US, where tax sheltering/tax deferral is fairly common); and,
- The fun stuff (e.g. travel and such).
Hope that you will follow us along.