It is Savings Rate time! We love the month end overviews, great to see how our finances are shaped by life (the good and the bad). For February our finances were affected by:
- We received our regular incomes, but Mrs CF also received her year-end bonus and salary raise (retroactive from January 1). In short, it was a stellar month from an income perspective, almost as good as the November and December income!;
- The crowdfunding income was back to “normal”, after last month’s surprise income, with about €188 in deposits;
- Living and healthcare spending was low this month due to no major (maintenance) bills, insurance or taxes to be paid (total expenses were about €800). That being said, there is a €1600+ bill waiting for May with property tax, waste removal an sewage for our unit and two rental units. But we will delay paying until the last moment (May is also vacation allowance payment month, so that will help pay this massive bill);
- The “new” transport costs are in line with expectations. But fuel still hurts with a total expense of €175.51 (fuelling up three times);
- Grocery costs were again lower than normal this month, but this is partially the result of Miss CF being potty trained. Saves a lot in wipes and diapers! Total spend was about €257;
- The kid category was also stable, we paid for daycare fees (net fees are €950!) and some arts and crafts supplies (read paper and pencils);
- Travel and Leisure included some activities with Miss CF (more skating ) in combination with a birthday gift; and,
- Other items included new work shoes for Mrs CF (€55), cost for the Meetup in Antwerp (€50) and about €90 in expenses for various small items including new printer cartridges.
February Savings Rate
The savings rate for the month of February end up being 72.8%, that’s an insane month! Thank you employer for that nice bonus. We will put it to good use (read: it will be invested wisely). We are a very happy family 🙂
If you breakdown our expenses for the month, the distribution looks like this:
How was your Savings Rate for February? Any uncommon/surprising expenses or incomes?