As you might have seen in earlier posts, we (Amber Tree Leaves and us) are organizing a Belgium-Netherlands (BENL) FIRE Meetup in Utrecht on Saturday June 17. We still have a few spots left, so if you want to join in, this is your last chance! Please leave us or Amber Tree Leaves a comment/drop us an email and we will get back to you.
The Tentative Program
The program is as follows:
- 10:15-11:00 informal get-together in Utrecht, do some chatting and have a coffee or tea with a biscuit/cookie of your choice;
- 11:00-12:00 Financial Speed Dating (one-on-one or two-on-two sessions of about 5 min each to get to know each other);
- 12:00-14:00 Brown Bag Lunch (i.e. bring your own) and more informal chats
- 14:00-17:00 Presentations and discussions. Topics to be presented and discussed include: alternatives ways to FIRE, part-time FIRE, FIRE in Europe and a Real Estate case study;
- 17:00-18:00 Spare time in case we are having too much fun with the above;
- 18:00-19:00 Do dinner together (bring your own / pot-luck, take-out or local restaurant);
- 19:00-21:00 More chatting and some beers and close out of the evening; and,
- 21:00-??:00 Party in Utrecht for the real Die-hards?
Some other details that could be useful for you to know:
- The venue in Utrecht is very close to a train station, but also has free local parking;
- We will bring coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer and a few light snacks (but please do bring some yourself if you can);
- You bring your own lunch/dinner. For dinner we would recommend cold dishes like salads and pasta, or things that can be prepared without a kitchen. Otherwise you can order/get some food from local venues (pizzeria/snack-bar/local super market);
- Costs will likely range around €10-12 pp, including beverages/light snacks. But is subject to the final number of people attending (more is better here!);
- You don’t have to be a Blogger! Partners are welcome too; and,
- You can come and leave whenever you want.
With under one week to go, we are slated to have some serious financial fun. We hope to see you all in Utrecht!
P.s. for those that are on the email distribution and have confirmed they are attending, details will be send to you later today!