I can hear you thinking, what happened after the really successful Cheesy Finance Exercise Challenge? Well, I continued to work out on a very regular basis and so does Mrs. CF. What did I do? Well, here is the June Workout Update!
June Workout Update
For June I did not workout every day, as I did during the exercise challenge in May. But I do try to workout about 3-5 times per week. It does not have to be long or intense, as long as I keep moving. My “favorite & frugal” workouts primarily include:
- Inline skating (really enjoy doing this, great workout too) on my €7.5 inline skates/fall protection (got to love thrift stores)
- Workout DVD’s (really like Insanity)
The June workout update summarizes to (activities from June 1-June 30):
- 20 days of exercise;
- 35 individual activities;
- Total running distance 19.3 km;
- Number of “Insanity Recovery” workouts: 3;
- Total Skeeler/road inline skating distance 33.1 km;
- Total cycling distance 526.8 km; and,
- Calories burned 17.4562 (that is just under two whole kg’s of body fat burned).
Observations and Notes
- Most of cycling km are coming from my commuting to work;
- I need to up the running a bit if I ultimately want to do a triathlon next year;
- At some point I also want to pick up swimming again;
- Inline skating is hard, especially if you want to limit wear on the wheels. Keeping your technique good when tired is very difficult; and,
- Cycling in the Netherlands can be quite pretty (see below)!
if you want to get an impression of my cycling commute, here are a few snapshots (with a very crappy phone camera):
The day-to-day gear (not for my cycling commute to work!)
This is though:
— Cheesy Finance (@CheesyFinance) July 13, 2017
And this is the typical meal for after a cycle ride 😉
How are your workouts going?